Tools To Help Honor Your New Year's Resolution
It's that time of year again – we have high hopes for the coming year and what we can accomplish. Lots of us start out motivated and eager, but we find that keeping our New Year's resolutions can be too hard or too time-consuming to fully accomplish.
Fortunately, this year can be totally different with a little planning in advance. Step up your resolution resolve with the help of some efficient and useful products. These items will make sticking to your New Year’s resolutions and achieving your goals easier than ever.
1. Lose Weight
This is one of the most common New Year’s resolutions every year. Be one of the few who really sticks to their goals with these handy weight-loss products:
- Workout DVDs: These days, few people have time to go to the gym. Pick up a few workout DVDs and get started with losing weight right in your own living room.
- Pedometer: In addition to getting in some workouts, you also just want to move more if you hope to lose weight. With a pedometer, you’ll make sure you meet your daily step goals and push yourself to move more every day.
- Wrist Heart Monitor: This is a great product for helping you see in real numbers how hard you’re pushing yourself when you work out. It also makes working out safe since you’ll know when it’s time to slow down.
- Resistance Bands: These are one of the best things you can use to tone up your body once you’ve started losing weight. They’re easy to use at home, in your office or even while traveling.
2. Eat Healthy
This resolution goes hand-in-hand with the one listed above. Here are some products that will help you stick to healthy foods in the coming year:
- Healthy Cookbooks: It’s time to brush up on some healthy recipes that you can always turn to in a pinch. Check out some healthy cookbooks for ideas on how to make your favorite dishes with a fraction of the fat and calories.
- Food Processor: You’d be amazed at how many healthy foods you can make with your own food processor. In addition to all-natural sauces, salad dressings and soups, you can also make delicious smoothies with fruit and vegetables.
- Herb Kit: Instead of adding lots of salt or unhealthy ingredients to your meals, grow your own healthy herbs right at home to make your foods more flavorful.
- Food Journal: Keep a food journal so you can see what triggers your bad eating habits and find ways to fix those situations.
3. Get Organized
If you feel like your life is full of clutter and busy schedules, it’s time to put some effort into getting organized. Simplify and streamline your day-to-day life with these great organizational products:
- Daily Planner: Make a promise to use (and stick to) your daily planner this year. If a physical book is a pain to carry around, consider getting a great planner app for your smart phone.
- Paper Shredder: Don’t let junk mail and old documents pile up. Get rid of all those items with a handy paper shredder in your home office or kitchen.
- Storage Bins: Storage bins come in all shapes, sizes and styles these days. Whether you need to put away your holiday decorations or corral your kids’ toys, invest some heavy duty storage bins that will help de-clutter your home.
4. Save Money
Invest in your savings by making a real commitment to spend less this coming year. You can make a great start just by investing in a few money-saving products:
- Piggy Bank: It may seem a little old-school, but a piggy bank does serve as a physical reminder to save up whenever you can. Throw your spare change in one and see it add up fast.
- Financial Software: Get a great accounting program for your computer. Many of these are very user-friendly, and they’ll help you set savings goals and see where you can cut back on expenses. They’re also really useful when it’s time to do your taxes.
- Energy Monitor: See how much energy you’re using in your home at a glance with a home energy monitor. Try to cut back on your energy use, and you’ll spend less on utility bills month after month.
- Moped: Get a fuel-efficient moped and see your savings add up. If you live in a place where you’d be able to get to and from your favorite places via moped rather than a car, you can save thousands on gas each year.
5. Learn New Things
It’s never too late to learn, and the New Year is a great time to get motivated to try something new. Here are a few products that can introduce you to new things in the New Year:
- Language Software: A new language is one of the most enriching and fun things to learn. Today, there are wonderful programs you can use to learn a new language right on your own computer.
- Cooking Basics Book: Learn to cook flavorful meals with a book that is geared toward beginners in the kitchen.
- College Guidebook: Invest in education and get a degree this year. Use a college guidebook to help you decide which program and school is right for you.
Whatever your New Year’s resolution happens to be, there’s no better time than now to pick up the products you need so that you’ll be prepared to stick to your goals.